Job vacancies at Alice Springs Podiatry
We are currently looking for a Full Time Permanent Podiatrist. If you’d like to join our friendly team at Alice Springs Podiatry, please fill out the form below and submit your CV.
Full Time Podiatry Position at Alice Springs Podiatry
Are you a passionate and driven podiatrist looking for your dream job?
Are you a podiatrist searching for a role with generous consulting times, and a strong company focus on professional development? Then this could be your dream job.
If you have a passion for podiatry and enjoy a varied case load, have great interpersonal skills and love to learn new skills in your profession, you might just be the person we’re looking for.
We love to keep up to date with new treatments and technologies and are always looking to expand our range of treatment services. Podiatry is not boring for us, it’s ever evolving and we love what we do.
We are the only private podiatry practice In Alice Springs. Our focus is to provide an exceptionally high service to our patients, going above and beyond to deliver the best patient outcome possible. We value our own health too, so ensuring we are comfortable with our clinic load and keeping a good work/life balance is important to us. To fit in with our team, you must love what you do and embrace change.
We get excited about growth and new opportunities. We can’t wait to welcome a 3rd podiatrist into our team.
- You are smart, fast and confident.
- You are very punctual.
- You have super high emotional intelligence.
- You are extremely accountable for your outcomes.
- You’re passionate and outgoing.
- You thrive on personal development. You know the value of coaching.
- You absolutely need to want to grow!
- You demand excellence of yourself and thrive on feedback.
- You are energised and create energy.
- You are results-focused and drive yourself to get the best results.
- You are a lightning fast learner.
- You are a team player.
- You are true to your word and do what you say you will do.
- You go above and beyond to exceed others expectations.
- You’re highly resilient and adaptable.
This role is a full-time position that reports directly to Chelsea Petrick, the director of Alice Springs Podiatry, while also working closely with other key members of the team.
ROLES & REPONSIBILITIES
- Diagnose and treat abnormal conditions of the feet and lower limbs.
- Recognise potential for injury or deformity and provide preventative treatment.
- Implement and maintain sterile and aseptic techniques
- Actively promote preventative care and early intervention
- Prescribe and manufacture orthotic devices as an integral part of patient care
- Perform minor surgical procedures
- Liaise with medical practitioners, physiotherapists, chiropractors and other health professionals and promote co-operative professional relationships. This includes sending correspondence letters to referrers.
- Maintain clinical documentation to required standards
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times
- Attend to all patients on their scheduled appointment times
- Undertake CPD activities to develop and maintain professional / clinical knowledge and skills as required by the Australian Podiatry Association. Maintain awareness of current best practice as per association guidelines.
- Ensure professional indemnity insurance and AHPRA registrations are current.
- Uphold the companies core values; We Listen, We Care, We Do What We Say We Will Do, We Work as a Team, & We Go Beyond Expectations.
- Maintain high retention rates for new and existing patients
- Follow our company’s signature systems for recommended treatment of specific conditions.
- Recommend products that we sell in the clinic.
- Communicate with all staff via ‘slack’ which is our team communication app.
- Maintain a clean and tidy clinic room
- Attend team meetings and one-one meetings each week.
- Engage in podiatry trainings and from time-time present new content to learn.
- Engage in our social media marketing by sharing social media content on facebook, google & Instagram. Participate in the planning and delivery (video content) of social media content.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Thinking this role was tailor-made for you? Read on to learn more.
- No home visits
- No nursing home visits
- 3-hour renal dialysis visit every fortnight to treat high risk feet
- 40-minute initial appointment times
- 30-minute repeat appointment times
- 15-minute weekly team meetings
- 15 minute one-one team meetings with the director
- 40-minute podiatry trainings each week
- Performance reviews every 3 months
- 30 minutes of paid non-clinical time every day
- 30-minute lunch breaks
- Varied case load; you will see the full gamut including; the early walker, the elderly, foreign military and intelligence personnel, elite athletes, post-surgical rehabilitations, high risk diabetes patients on renal dialysis, workers compensation and the outback jackaroo too!
- Consulting days; Tuesday – Friday & Saturday mornings.
- 36 hours per week
Here’s what you’ll get when you join the Alice Springs Podiatry Team:
✅ Up to $20,000 in Professional Development Incentives – This is a WIN. The Northern Territory Primary Health Network (NTPHN) offers the following to support the professional growth of Podiatrists living and working in the NT.
- Scholarship: a reimbursement of up to $10,000 per year (maximum of two years) for the cost of completing a postgraduate course leading to postgraduate qualification.
- Bursary: a reimbursement of up to $10,000 per year for the cost of completing a short course or training. This assists with obtaining Endorsement for Scheduled Medicines.
✅ Full Training and Support – Every new team member will go through a 2-week training & onboarding course to make sure you are fully confident in your role. We also have weekly team meetings, weekly podiatry trainings and one-one mentoring sessions.
✅ Training: Join us for our weekly podiatry trainings which you get paid for.
✅ Paid Non-Clinical time: Tired of not having enough time to do case notes and correspondence letters? We provide 30 minutes of paid non-clinical time every day, plus 1 additional hour per fortnight.
✅ Generous appointment times – Pushed to see too many patients in a day? We offer 40-minute new patient appointments, and 30-minute existing patient appointments so you don’t burn out!
✅ Varied Case Loads – As the only private practice in Alice Springs, we see the full gamut. You will see a wide variety of patients from the early walker to the elderly, elite athletes, post-surgical rehabilitations and workers compensation cases. You will also treat Foreign military & intelligence personnel and the occasional outback jackaroo. You will visit a renal dialysis clinic once a fortnight which will ensure your high-risk foot skills are kept up to date. The case load is so varied, no day will feel the same.
✅ Generous salary – We want Australia’s best talent and reward as such. We offer an attractive salary plus bonus commission for excellent performance.
✅ Young and vibrant team – Learn and thrive with other fun, friendly and caring like-minded health professionals. We work directly alongside 4 massage therapists, 1 chiropractor, 1 acupuncturist, 1 denture prosthesis and several visiting doctors.
✅ Amazing growth prospects & long-term career growth– We have a clear ascension plan where there are loads of growth opportunities to progress your career.
✅ Amazing New Clinic Environment– You will work in a purpose build podiatry clinic. The clinic is clean and modern with spacious clinic rooms, natural lighting, external windows and brand-new equipment.
✅ The Culture: At Alice Springs Podiatry we are here to support you however we can!
If you want to step into a role that values your desire to learn and progress your career and offers generous consulting times, this just might be the role for you!
Want to learn a little more about us? Keep Reading.
ABOUT US & WHAT WE DO
We are a private podiatry clinic in Alice Springs, consisting of 2 full time podiatrists and 3 administration staff. Our goal is to deliver the highest level of podiatric care in the Centre of Australia, which exceeds that of clinics in capital cities of Australia. We treat all areas of podiatry with a large focus on helping people get back to their best. We strive to exceed patient’s expectations and promote the podiatry profession.
We welcome change and get excited about new technologies and techniques to improve our service delivery. We have treadmill and pressure plate analysis, electro-corporeal shock wave therapy, 3D digital scanning technology, cryotherapy and nail bracing treatments. At present we also have a Lunula Laser Therapy Machine to resolve fungal nails. We offer a large range of products to complement our services which include footwear, pre-fab orthoses, braces, splints, compression garments and creams.
We lead a fun-loving, dedicated team that is committed to excellence, always sees the upside to any situation, and maintains the strength and flexibility to change course as our business evolves.
ABOUT ALICE SPRINGS
You are going to love ‘The Alice”! The location is unlike any other.
Alice Springs in a remote town in the centre of Australia, nestled against the majestic and ancient MacDonnell Ranges, with a population of 27, 000 people.
Whether your passion is exploring Aboriginal culture, the arts, fitness, photography, outdoors, native flora or wildlife, Alice will charm its way into your soul. There are plenty of waterholes to swim, hiking trails to trek, mountain bike trails to ride, and outback places to camp. There is an abundance of sport; Golf, Tennis, Netball, Mountain bike riding, Soccer, Motor Sport, Cricket, Football – you name it. Oh, it’s a good place to see active feet! The summer is hot, the winter is cold but everything in between is perfect.
Alice Springs is home to many quirky and wonderful events that you can’t find anywhere else in the world.
Check them out: https://northernterritory.com/alice-springs-and-surrounds/events
Meet the Director – Chelsea Lee Petrick
Born and raised in Alice Springs, Chelsea-Lee Petrick (Owner and principal podiatrist at Alice Springs Podiatry) moved to Adelaide in 2006 to study. She graduated with a Bachelor of Podiatry from the University of South Australia in 2010. In 2013 she opened Alice Springs Podiatry, following her passion to provide treatment for all types of foot, ankle and lower leg conditions.
Chelsea has experience working in hospitals, community centres and private practices. While living in Adelaide, she spent 3 years consulting in a private practice with foot and ankle surgeon, Angelo Salerno. She has completed extensive training in orthotic therapy for the prescription of custom foot and ankle-foot orthoses. Consulting alongside foot and ankle surgeons has further enhanced her knowledge of foot surgery and the rehabilitation of post-surgical cases.
Chelsea has a special interest in the care of paediatric conditions and treatment of sports injuries. She is qualified to use acupuncture and dry needling in the treatment of podiatric conditions, as well as foot manipulation and mobilisation.
Chelsea continues to develop her knowledge in all aspects of podiatry. She has completed a Graduate Certificate in Health Sciences at the University of South Australia and attends state podiatry conferences each year. She undertook further studies at La Trobe University in order to gain endorsement for scheduled medicines.
With a keen interest in exploring every available option for treatments, Chelsea is dedicated to finding an individual solution to help you. She will work with you and other health professionals involved in your care to achieve the best outcomes. Her key interests are sports injuries, general foot care, heel pain, diabetes, nail surgery and paediatric conditions. Chelsea is currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), Australian Podiatry Association and Sports Medicine Australia (SMA).
Our clinic is home to 9 other like-minded health professionals and a talented administration team. We really like each other! There is a warm and friendly feel in our clinic and it provides a supportive environment for personal and professional growth. We are a sociable bunch and celebrate special occasions such as birthdays, engagements, Christmas parties and of course the race that stops the nation, the Melbourne cup!
We work as a team, and we will always chip in to get the job done. At Alice Springs Podiatry we’re all family and here to support you however we can!
We provide weekly podiatry training to build you confidence in all areas of podiatry. Something your struggling with? We will work on it with you at our one-one weekly mentor meetings. Something you’ve always wanted to learn? Well, let’s learn it! We offer professional and personal development opportunities, so let us know what you want to learn, and we will make it happen. The Northern Territory Primary Health Network (NTPHN) are equally as supportive of professional development for health professionals in the NT. They offer reimbursements for costs involved in furthering your education.